The training programme for Mental health covers the following topics, and the learner will gain knowledge in :
- Recognition of where a young person may be a danger to themselves or others
- Providing help to prevent the mental health problem getting worse.
- Promoting good mental health.
- Providing comfort to a young person experiencing a mental health problem
- Raising awareness and of mental health in different age groups.
- Reducing stigma and discrimination around mental health.
- Depression, Anxiety, Anxiety Disorders, Suicide, Psychosis, Self-Harm & Eating Disorders
The Mental Health Awareness course is aimed at anyone over 16 working or coming into contact with young people in working or social settings. This course can be adapted for Schools, Colleges and Universities.